Membership is open to all aged 16 or above who share our values and care about making a difference in the lives of young people by creating opportunities for them to be:
- successful learners.
- confident individuals.
- responsible citizens.
- effective contributors.
Being community-led ensures that we work with our membership and respond effectively to the needs of our local area. If you live in or work in the Paisley and Renfrewshire area and you want to be play an important role in developing and shaping services for young people in your community then we want to hear from you.
- promote the work and values of Paisley YMCA;
- participate in general meetings in fellowship with others affirming our values;
- receive reports on Paisley YMCA’s work, for example its community learning and development programmes and services;
- suggest as appropriate potential improvements to services; and
- attend the Annual General Meeting to elect office-bearers and the Board of Paisley YMCA.
To find out about how to become a member, go to our membership information page to see what’s involved (and don’t worry, we’re asking for a little of your time, not money).
If you have some spare time and would like to volunteer with us, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that all volunteers will be required to complete a PVG check Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact Claire McGinley, our Development Manager, who will chat through the next steps with you.